Hi, Before you proceed to applying for this job kindle go through the requirement,responsibilities,and other things to avoid future problem. Canada Cartage Provides Dedicated Fleet Outsourcing, Managed Transportation, Warehousing and Fulfillment Solutions, and Home Delivery Founded in 1914, Canada Cartage is the country’s largest provider of outsourced fleet solutions, providing dedicated equipment and drivers to both small and large firms. Canada Cartage also provides a complete range of supply chain and logistics services including integrated managed transportation and fulfillment solutions. Canada Cartage is seeking Class 1 Drivers and according to what’s on the job description there is a Sign on BONUS of $2250 for New Drivers Welcome.
ABOUT COMPANY: Jumpstart your transportation career with Canada Cartage! With locations across Canada, Canada Cartage is a recognized leader in transportation logistics delivering customized solutions for the transportation, distribution and warehousing marketplace. We offer a competitive remuneration and benefits package, advancement opportunities and career development.
Our ProTrainer program will help newly licensed Drivers join the industry to become a safe and comfortable Class 1 Driver. Through the ProTrainer program, you will receive paid, on-the-road training with an experienced, knowledgeable driver. Your one-on-one learning plan will be customized to your identified areas of growth. You will become a confident driver, develop safe habits and gain in-depth valuable industry knowledge. After you successfully complete the ProTrainer program, you will be offered full-time employment as a Class 1 Driver with Canada Cartage.
EMPLOYER NAME: Canada Cartage
BUSINESS ADDRESS: 17508 116 Ave NW, Edmonton, AB T5S 2T9
POSITION: Tractor-trailer truck driver (Class 1 Long Haul)
LOCATION: Edmonton, AB
STATUS: Full Time, Permanent
SALARY: $24.47/hour As per Collective Agreement ($52,855 minimum yearly), 45 hours per week, Medical Benefits, Dental Benefits, Life Insurance Benefits, Pension Plan Benefits, Other Benefits
TOTAL POSITIONS: 25
• Loading and unloading of goods
• Inspect, operate and maintain company and customer issued equipment
• Document and report all safety related equipment defects to the dispatch (when applicable)
• Exercise safe-work practices in all work related activities (e.g. – using proper material handling equipment)
• Maintain communication with company dispatch office to report daily activity, delays, unscheduled breaks, workplace injuries, motor vehicle collisions and vehicle, cargo, equipment and property loss/damage
• Complete and submit all documentation required for payroll, customer billing, hours of service, vehicle maintenance etc.
• Inspect cargo prior to accepting and apply appropriate cargo securement (when applicable) as per NSC Standard 10.
• Must be willing and able to hand bomb products into delivery locations as required and requested
• Always comply with hours of service and TDG (Transportation of Dangerous Goods) regulations
Skills and Abilities:
• Document knowledge: -Driver logbook, inspection report, (pre-trip, en-route, post-trip), maintenance and repair reports, trip reports, accident or incident reports.
• Essential Skills: -Significant use of memory, continuous learning, finding information, job task planning and organizing, critical thinking, decision making, problem solving, working with others, oral communication, writing, document use, reading text.
• Type of Travel: Long Haul, Regional, Provincial/territorial, Local, Short Haul. Being away from home for 3-5 days, evening and weekend work may be required.
• Type of Trucking: – Tractor Trailer, Flatbed, Tanker
• A valid Class 1 license with no experience necessary
• Clean Drivers abstract (no greater than 30 days old)
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds – hand bombing may be required.
• Provide criminal record check
• Professional in appearance
• Professional in customer service
If you meet the above qualifications, please apply with your Resume and/or Commercial Driver Abstract.
How to Apply –
Fill out an application here – https://app.jobvite.com/j?aj=ojWN7fwT&s=CanadaCartage OR
For other inquiries you can also visit our website at https://www.canadacartage.com/
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining our organization, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. Qualified candidates will be guaranteed a road test.
Canada Cartage LP is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from Aboriginal people, members of visible minority groups and women
Note that on our website we don’t employ nor give out jobs to applicant,all we do is gather updates on any available jobs online and post here then share with the right channel where applicant can easily access and apply for the job.
Do not pay for anyone to process or apply for a Job on your behalf as many scammers are online to scam applicants. The service we render on our website is a selfless act that does not require any payment.