To every job update posted on this site all applicant are to go through every post vividly before proceeding to application button as that will helps applicant in knowing better about the job location and job description and other vital information about the job.
ABOUT CASCADES: Founded in 1964, Cascades produces, converts and markets packaging and tissue products that are composed mainly of recycled fibers. The Company employs 11,000 employees, who work in more than 90 production units located in North America and Europe. With its management philosophy, half a century of experience in recycling, and continuous efforts in research and development as driving forces, Cascades continues to deliver the innovative products that customers have come to rely on.
CASCADES CONTAINERBOARD PACKAGING – ST. MARYS
The Containerboard Packaging Group, a division of Cascades, is the largest container board producer in Canada, and is also a top converter of corrugated products in the country. The Group manufactures a wide range of products made from recycled fibres for its North American customers in the food, beverage and consumer products sectors, among many others. The Division, which employs close to 3,400 people, owns six containerboard mills and nineteen corrugated products plants in Canada and the United States.
Cascades owes its success to its numerous employees who have demonstrated their leadership and commitment. We’re currently recruiting for members to join our Production team. Starting rate: $21.90/hr – Top lead operator rate $30.32/hr.
The successful candidate will be provided with training and development to eventually assume a Production Operator position within our Press, Corrugator, Material Expeditor or Shipping Department.
Responsibilities will include:
- Safety – safety conscious and a leader to promote a safe work environment
- Quality – committed to quality, 5S initiatives and take pride in work
- Production – self-driven to meet or exceed targets and objectives
- Continuous Improvement – motivated to improve, participate and offer suggestions
- Values – promote company values and philosophy
- Teamwork and positive attitude – interface with all employees and customers
The ideal candidate will have:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Energetic and enthusiastic approach, balanced with strong problem solving and decision-making abilities
- Excellent communication, inter-personal and organizational skills
- Previous experience working with machinery
- Experience in the corrugated packaging industry is an asset
- Available and flexible to work a rotating shift schedule; including 8 hour or 12 hour shifts, overtime and weekends.
Cascades believes in the success of an inclusive organization that values diversity within its team. All qualified candidates will be considered for this position in a fair manner.
Use of the masculine in our communications refers equally to both men and women.