RATP Dev Transit London employs over 4,000 people and maintains a fleet of over 1250 buses. Responsible for 112 bus routes across the London network our services run from ten operational garages based in Edgware, Fulwell, Harrow, Hounslow, Hounslow Heath, Park Royal, Shepherd’s Bush, Stamford Brook, Tolworth, and Westbourne Park.
We expect to put the client at the core of all that we do. Our multicultural, capable group is comprised of people who have what it takes and skills important to have an effect in the present progressively serious public vehicle market.
As a bus driver, you earn up to £12.32 an hour and up to £18.59 an hour for Sundays and Bank Holidays (depending on experience) along with an excellent benefits package including a £2k bonus
Flexible shift options up to 38 hours per week + overtime
Drive your career from A*verage to B*rilliant
Do you want to work for a company that values you and invests in your career? And one that is winning new routes and is regularly voted one of the best bus operators in the UK? And one where a colleague recently said:
“This is the best company I have worked for – best team and the best management. Everyone is accessible and understanding.”
Siobhan – Bus Driver/Instructor
As a Bus Driver at RATP Dev Transit London, part of the global RATP group, you’ll work within a fantastic team who supports each other every day; and for a company that values you as an individual, giving you job security and the flexibility needed to have a real work/life balance. Alongside all of this, you will also receive a competitive salary and have access to a great benefits package including:
· £2k bonus
· All costs paid to onboard you including your medical, your Theory tests, your background checks and all the training you need, such as City&Guilds/BTEC.
· Cost of any additional CPC, should your 35 hours have dropped behind
· Job Security
· Free Uniform
· Great development opportunities
· Service-related pay increases
· Holidays that honour your LFL length of service
· Company pension scheme
In this unique role where no two days are the same, you’ll be:
· Delivering a great customer service to your passengers – knowing that what you do makes a difference to them every day
· Working in a collaborative team who supports each other to be the very best
· Safety conscious at all times
· Patient and responsible in all interactions
· Working locally
· Able to access further training with great progression opportunities
What do we need from you?
Along with your willingness to learn and deliver a great customer service, you’ll need:
· A full driver’s licence, with at least one year’s proven UK driving experience
· A PCV licence with your CPC/DQC up to date
· For additional benefits, a License for London (LFL)
· No more than 3 points on your licence, no unspent drink driving convictions
· No endorsements for the use of a mobile phone (e.g CU80)
· Excellent proficiency in written and spoken English
· Proof of right to work within the UK
As the world’s third-largest public transportation operator, RATP Group runs and maintains tens of thousands of kilometres of subway, bus, tram, and urban or intercity rail lines around the globe. We have over 3,500 colleagues in the UK, operating over 1,000 buses from 10 locations across South, West and North West London. We ensure our customers and employees are at the heart of everything we do, and our talented diverse team offer a bus service that we are proud to deliver. We offer real job security along with the opportunity to develop your career in a flexible and inclusive environment.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £12.32-£18.59 per hour
- 8-hour shift