Are you looking for a rewarding new opportunity as a Healthcare Assistant in the United Kingdom?
If you have an NVQ level 3 in Health & Social care (or equivalent) and are looking for a busy and rewarding role as a Healthcare Assistant, where you make a real difference to those recovering from substance misuse, why don’t you come and join our amazing team as we are Hiring Healthcare Assistant in The United Kingdom
We are here to support anyone who needs help with substance misuse, and you will be part of our clinical team delivering this important service. As a Healthcare Assistant, you will assess clients, develop a care plan that will work for them, and then, with the support and guidance of the clinical team, provide the necessary treatment.
Apply for: Accommodation Cleaning Coach|United Kingdom
We work as one team across the service to ensure our clients get the best possible care, referring them to other specialist teams where needed.
You will also help clients to take a holistic approach to their overall recovery journey by helping them to understand the importance of their physical, mental, and emotional well-being too.
You may also carry out health screening too, such as phlebotomy, BBV screening, or monitoring vital signs, withdrawal scales, and treatment compliance for those clients embarking on detoxification.
Of course, there’ll be admin and housekeeping to do too but that’s all part of this busy and varied role.
As a Healthcare Assistant, you will work 4 out of 7 days and work one weekend in 3. Shifts will be on a 3-week rolling rota. Shifts are 7-4 pm (3 per week) 7 am-9 pm (1 per week) during the week and 7-4 pm or 8-5 pm at weekends.
The service runs 7 days a week 365 days per year. The successful applicant will contribute to the assessment, administering of medication, and care of substance misuse prisoners whilst in the care of HMP Lincoln.
We welcome Healthcare Assistant applications with experience in the following areas: Healthcare Assistant, Healthcare, Substance Misuse Recovery, Mental Health, Health and Social Care, NVQ Level 3, Care, Communication Skills, and IT.
To be able to carry out this role successfully, you will:
- hold an NVQ level 3 in Health & Social Care or equivalent
- be able to show how you have developed yourself in previous jobs
- have a successful track record of working in a healthcare setting and as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- have experience in carrying out basic health checks such as blood pressure, pulse, weight, and height
- be able to build effective working relationships with a wide range of different people and work effectively as part of a team
- be able to manage your time at work, prioritize effectively and deal with competing demands on your time
- be confident in your abilities and show your enthusiasm for this role
- have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- be able to accurately collate, record, and maintain information
- be comfortable using IT and digital media
- be able to be flexible with working times and able to travel to other locations from time to time
Experience in the following would also be an advantage but not essential:
- dealing with health issues associated with drug use
- managing challenging situations with people that may impact personal safety
- managing health-related clinics
- safer injecting techniques
- understanding of harm reduction/minimization relating to drug treatment work
- use of System One
Also, You can check: Fully Funded Scholarships in Canada for Foreign Students
Everyone should feel comfortable getting the support they need for issues with drugs, alcohol, or mental health.
At We Are With You we work with people on their own goals, whether that’s staying safe and healthy, making small changes, or stopping an unwanted habit altogether. We give people support in a way that’s right for them either face to face in their local service, community, or online.
We provide a free and confidential service without judgment to more than 100,000 people a year.
We use our expertise to improve the help available and raise awareness around drugs, alcohol, and mental health so that more people can get support.
- Communication Skills
- Mental Health
- NVQ Level 3
- Health and Social Care
- Healthcare Assistant
- Substance Misuse Recovery
Disclaimer: This Post was gotten as a result of our job hunting research and brought to our platform to satisfy and help solve the job issue of our platform users and mine you that this service is a selfless act that does not require any payment from any of our users so kindly disregard any form of payment from anyone online as we will never ask any of our users to make any payment for either job processing or visa processing.