Royal Caribbean International is the largest global cruise line in the world known as a leader of innovation across a fleet of 26 ships sailing to over 250 destinations across the world. Asia is the fastest-growing region for the cruise industry. The Singapore office is the hub of driving growth for the Royal Caribbean in all of North and South Asia (excluding China/HK), covering over 10 countries.
To fuel growth locally and abroad, we’re on the hunt for a forward-thinking and collaborative team member as a Trade Support Specialist to join the Royal Sales team based out of Singapore.
Reporting to the Director of Sales, this position will handle all daily trade support administration for Singapore and SE Asia markets and ensure compliance with the relevant policies, procedures, and applicable regulations. A key element of the role will be to identify opportunities to improve the brands’ engagement with trade partners and drive communication improvements in the trade partner journey with the Royal commercial functions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Day to day support to the Business Development Managers and Trade partners, which will include answering frequent individual travelers (FIT), following up on pending group inquiries & group quotations, understanding and educating the trade on booking procedures & processes, answering inquiries in absence of business development managers, assist with payment chasers and name list submissions where required, problem-solving, production of mailings, assisting with the planning and setting up of webinars, support of trade shows, etc.
• Front-lining trade feedback and consolidation of information pertaining to Trade partner’s operational requests and requirements.
• Trade Experience – Working closely with the Director of Sales to continually improve and optimize business operation areas. To actively enhance the overall trade experience and the ease of doing business with.
• Trade Journey – To work collaboratively with Marketing, Operations, Conduent, and the Revenue team to ensure integration and synergy with all communications distributed to the trade.
• Trade Social Media & Compliance – Ownership of all Trade based social media content and activity are in compliance with both the Royal Brand’s internal policies and procedures as well as ensuring those communications are compliant with local consumer laws in both Singapore and SE Asia markets.
• Day to day control of setting up and maintaining Travel Agency profiles in AS400 system / Expresso system ensuring that agency type status is applied and relevant commission levels. Manage business needs and support across the Salesforce platform
• Identify system training needs for our trade partners and ensure that they are kept updated on products and services.
• Write and deliver sales/systems content to conduct on-site training or via Webex as and when necessary
• Identifies areas of improvement and to be able to introduce new structures and improved processes as required
• Be flexible to the demands of the business
• Act as a conduit between the supplier and Guest Experience APAC team for all escalations until they are resolved. Working closely with Conduent Star team and APAC Guest Experience team for all escalated issues that cannot be resolved by the supplier due to financial, legal, or local policy-related constraints
• Participate in cross-department projects to improve the overall operation of our business. Manage requirement gathering acting as SME for the sales department.
• Provide IT user requirement specifications and act as coordinator for system enhancement
EXPERIENCE & Qualification
• Diploma / GCE ‘A-Level
• Minimum 3 years experience as a Reservations Agent or Travel Agency sales experience or equivalent external Operations Support experience.
• Proficient in MS office applications
• Highly motivated self-starter with a positive ‘can-do attitude and resilience
• Team player with an ability to proactively collaborate
• Strong systems literacy knowledge of expresso (preferred but not essential)
• Good time management and prioritization
• Meticulous with a keen eye for details
• Strong communication skills both verbal and written
Royal Caribbean was named again for the 5th time, one of the world’s most ethical companies along with our CEO Richard Fain being named Glassdoor’s Top 100 CEO’s in 2021.
We continue to provide our employees with training and development both in-house & externally to ensure continuous development. In our Singapore office, we value a flexible work approach, ensuring our employee’s wellbeing comes first.
Once you click through to Apply, you will be required to create a profile in order to continue with the submission of your CV. This should take no longer than 5 mins to complete.
We thank you for your interest, due to the number of applications we ask all shortlisted candidates to reply to an initial email answering a few questions in order to be considered for an interview.