Apprentice Spray Painter
Direct Line Group is an ambitious company employing thousands of people throughout the UK. We’re proud to be one of Britain’s leading general insurers offering millions of customers decades of experience and knowledge. Our vision is a world where insurance is personal, inclusive, and a force for good. We help people carry on with their lives, giving them peace of mind now and in the future. We do that by providing amazing, evolving products and services that are just what people need. And amazing, evolving careers for people like you!
The world of insurance is changing and we’re working hard to ensure we have forward-thinking people to make sure our well-known brands – Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege, and Green Flag are changing with it. Do you crave the opportunity to share your thoughts and ideas? We encourage our colleagues to have a voice in what they believe, and the ability to inspire change to achieve amazing things – for our customers and for each other.
Our vision is a reality where protection is private, comprehensive, and a power for good. We assist with peopling continue with their lives, giving them inner harmony now and later on. We do that by giving astounding, advancing items and administrations that exactly individuals need. What’s more, astonishing, developing vocations for individuals like you! Watch our partners rejuvenate our vision and reason.
Our group comes from a scope of foundations which implies we benefit from elective perspectives, points of view, and thoughts. We celebrate and empower this uniqueness, and accept it makes us solid and strong collectively. Direct Line Group difficulties thinking, impacts strategy, and urges individuals to cooperate to make a significantly seriously inviting and different association.
Your work/life balance is really important to us. That’s why every single one of our people has the right to request work flexibly. We welcome applications for flexible working, part-time, reduced hours, variable hours, home working, and job sharing. What’s more, we let you choose the rewards that suit your lifestyle.
- A competitive salary, benchmarked against our competitors, which will grow as you do.
- Pension 9% of your base salary, you can choose to contribute less or more than this, and anything you don’t wish to put into your pension you can take as cash instead!
- Private medical insurance (anyone can choose this through our flexible benefits scheme, and managers receive this as standard).
- Attractive holiday entitlement.
- 50% off our Home, Motor, and Pet insurance.
- Free Travel insurance
- Free Green Flag breakdown cover
- Flexible rewards include Life insurance, income protection, critical illness insurance, personal accident insurance
- Retail card, with discounts at big-name retailers
- My Discounts – a discounts website for all our employees, with great discounts, cash back savings, and offers across hundreds of brilliant high street brands, travel, tickets, gym memberships, and much more.
Other benefits are available, specific to certain jobs and levels. You’ll find more details on these in the relevant Call Centre and Specialist job sections.
We also have a casual and flexible dress code so you can decide what to wear, suitable to your job and business area.
University isn’t always the answer! An apprenticeship with DLG will help you grow your career alongside working towards an either Level 3 Paint qualification and believe it or not, working in Insurance is fun. We’re searching for Apprentices to join our team on a 3-year Programme in our accident repair center.
- Firstly, you’ll need to have or be predicted an A*-G (9-1) GCSE (or equivalent) in Maths and English, which you’ll be able to evidence.
- You need to have lived in the UK for the last 3 years
- We’re also looking for an eagerness to learn and embrace change, the ability to meet deadlines, and a talent for attention to detail
Who you’ll be working with
You’ll become an essential part of our team by being the next generation of Technicians. The future is ambitious now the technologies used in Body Shops are evolving every single day which is really helping us re-shape vehicle repair. We have qualified Technicians and diverse people who you will build trusting relationships with, so they can help nurture your potential and help you flourish in the role.
What you’ll be doing as an Apprentice Spray Painter
As a Technician (depending on the role) you’ll be responsible for:
- Repairing accident damaged vehicles using Thatcham recommended repair methods
- Using relevant Health and safety measures to get the vehicle back to pre-accident condition in line with Audatex estimates and our own high standards at Direct Line Group Auto Services
- Removing and fitting mechanical, electrical, and trim components and electronically controlled vehicle mechanical components and systems.
What we’ll give you
You’ll gain valuable experience working for a market-leading Insurance company with a culture that encourages you to bring all of yourself to work. What’s even better is you’ll earn a permanent position at the end of your apprenticeship, if you’re performing and successfully complete your studies.
- Year 1: £11,211 per year
- Year 2: £20,592 per year
- Year 3: £21,008 per year
- 40 hours per week – Shifts will be discussed at the interview stage
- Study towards a Level 3 Paint qualification on our 3-year apprenticeship program
Start Date – August 2022
If you want to find out more, contact us on 0345 877 6309
Job Type: Apprenticeship
Salary: £11,211.00-£21,008.00 per year