Job Summary and Essential Job Functions: Under the direction of the Cruise Director and Assistant Cruise Director, the Cruise Staff is responsible for participation and leadership of all assigned activities and events. In addition to engaging guests in an entertaining manner, the Cruise Staff is responsible for supervision and control of all guests in many of the entertainment-related activities to meet and exceed guest satisfaction. In order to consistently exceed guest expectations and provide the highest levels of product and services, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
– Responsible for serving as an effective leader in any of the assigned Cruise Programs activities, ensuring that each event takes place safely and promptly as scheduled.
– Serve as an effective Master of Ceremonies using personality, talents and language ability to engage audiences of all sizes.
– Assist with Box Office Operations and recreational facilities under the supervision of the Cruise Director and Assistant Cruise Director.
– Effectively practice proper time management to prepare, execute and break down set ups and venues for assigned activities and events.
– Aid in the training of new Cruise Programs team members.
– Directly responsible for problem solving and conflict resolution for guests following shipboard guidelines and under the direction of management.
– Meet & Greet guests upon embarkation and disembarkation.
– Assist with private parties and functions.
– Perform other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
– High school diploma or foreign equivalent is required.
– Bachelor’s Degree in Arts, Recreation, Hospitality or Business is preferred.
– Minimum of one year experience in a similar role in the Service and/or Entertainment industry is required.
– Two or more years of work experience in a Recreation/Hospitality/Entertainment-related field is preferred. Prior experience in the tourism/travel industry is also preferred.
– One year or more of entertainment skills such as, but not limited to, ability to sing, dance, clown & circus, MC or host are preferred.
– Intermediate to advanced verbal and written level in at least one other language such as German, Spanish, Russian, French or Italian is required.
– Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Micros and Fidelio Cruise is preferred.
While performing the essential functions of this job, all team members are required to stand; walk long distances on the ship; use hands to touch, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell.
All vessel positions require repetitive motion of bending, climbing, going up and down stairs and lifting more than 25 pounds.
This job requires specific vision abilities to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
All team members must be physically able to participate in emergency life saving procedures and drills. All vessel positions require full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats.
Work within different temperature changes—indoors to outdoors.
Able to pass basic safety course.
This is a minimal description of duties. Other work requirements may be necessary and assigned as business or maritime law dictates.
Apply On Company Site >>>