Food Service Workers (EOI)
Are you someone who is passionate about serving others? Are you a food service worker looking to showcase your knowledge, skills, and abilities in a dynamic environment? Island Health knows that it is our team members who make a difference, deliver care and define our organizational culture.
We provide health care for all of Vancouver Island, one of the most enjoyable regions in the world – with access to the outdoors, year round due to our climate with warm dry summers and mild winters. We are the largest employer on Vancouver Island with approximately 24,500 employees, 1,900 Physician partners and 6,500 volunteers that provide health services to the 765,000 residents of Vancouver Island and adjacent coastal communities.
Island Health offers programs and services on the unceded and traditional territories of the Coast Salish, Nuu-chah-nulth and Kwakwaka’wakw Peoples. As an organization, we are committed to cultural safety and humility and we demonstrate this through our actions to address Indigenous specific racism, systemic racism and the ongoing impacts of colonialism.
Opportunities are available across the island and in every setting that you can imagine! To name a few:
- Alert Bay, Port Alice, Port Hardy, and Port McNeill – Make up the Mt. Waddington region with pristine and rugged landscapes with rich cultural, wildlife and recreational experiences waiting to be discovered.
- Campbell River – Dubbed the “salmon capital of the world”, this seaside town surrounded by hiking and biking trails that challenge your sense of adventure.
- Comox Valley – This is the place to ski and golf in one day. Situated between the Strathcona Provincial Park and the Straight of Georgia, this is an ideal spot to raise a family
Coast Salish Territory:
- Salt Spring Island – A laid back, close-knit community flourishing with artisans and spectacular ocean scenery.
- Nanaimo – Located on central Vancouver Island, this harbour city is a convenient access point to the mainland. Head to the beach and watch the cruise ships pass.
- Victoria – A vibrant urban centre with an abundance of recreational and cultural opportunities.
- Cowichan Valley – Easy access to Victoria and Nanaimo. This region boasts award winning wineries, thriving farmlands and year round markets.
- Port Alberni – A prized fishing and water sports destination in the heard of the island. Port Alberni is the gateway to Tofino, a world-recognized destination.
- Tofino – A world-recognized destination for surfing and a storm watching hot spot. Famous for old growth rain forests and long stretches of pristine beaches.
Education, Training And Experience
Food Service Workers: Grade 10 plus one (1) year recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Certificate in Food Safe Level 1.
Skills And Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
If you want to be part of a dedicated and dynamic team at Island Health, we would love to hear from you! Apply today so we can continue the conversation.
Job Requirements: https://jd.viha.ca/JD4546.pdf