Why You’ll Love This Position
A position in the Missouri Department of Corrections is more than a job. It’s a calling. Corrections employees transform lives, equipping Missourians in the criminal justice system with the skills they need to contribute to their communities, inside and outside our walls. More than 95 percent of people who enter the prison system ultimately are released. We want to make sure they’re good neighbors.
We offer great benefits!
Missouri State Employee Retirement System / Deferred compensation plan / Health insurance (medical, vision, dental for employees and family) / Paid life insurance / Long-term disability insurance / Cafeteria plan / Paid holidays / 10 hours annual leave per month / 10 hours sick leave per month / Uniforms provided when required / Pre-service and in-service training / Access to credit union / Direct deposit of paycheck (required) / Employee health, wellness and safety initiatives / MOST 529 College Savings Program
What You’ll Do
- Types and edits a variety of material, which may contain technical or specialized terminology; reviews documents for accuracy and completeness; serves as receptionist or information clerk; determines the purpose of contact; provides general information and assists in preparation of forms; direct individuals to proper destination; receives and distributes messages, and schedules and/or arranges appointments
- Composes routine correspondence; proofreads and/or finalizes letters, memorandums, reports, or other documents for approval and/or signature
- Establishes and maintains filing systems; prepares records for storage and/or archiving; maintains office equipment and supply inventory; maintains records relating to receipt and issuance of materials or equipment
- Prepares agency documents such as purchase and supply requisitions, personnel and/or payroll forms, time and leave records, and expense accounts; performs math calculations in the completion of forms and records; assists with the arrangement of travel and accommodations and in the coordination of meeting logistics
- Processes and distributes mail according to established procedures; prepares material for mailing utilizing automated equipment when applicable; performs data entry and develops routine spreadsheets and databases; compiles and prepares data or reports from a variety of sources in accordance with specific instructions or procedures; operates and maintains standard office equipment
- Serves as a lead worker providing guidance, direction, and training to other clerical employees; reviews work for accuracy, timeliness, and compliance with instructions and procedures
- Receives general supervision from a designated administrative supervisor, carries out assigned responsibilities independently within established guidelines; performs other related work as assigned
All You Need For Success
- Six or more months of experience in office support work; and possession of a high school diploma or proof of high school equivalency
(15 earned credit hours from an accredited college or university may substitute for the required experience)
All requested documents MUST be received by the closing date listed.
The Missouri Department of Corrections is proud to have a tradition of promotion from within for employees looking for and seeking distinctive career paths. As you work for the department, we invite you to consider your goals and make choices to actively head toward them. We seek to recognize employees who serve with distinction.
Apply As a Marketing & Communications Officer>>>
If you have questions about this position please contact: DOC.Employment@doc.mo.gov
The State of Missouri is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Seniority Level: Entry-level
Industry: Non-profit Organization Management, Government Administration & Hospital & Health Care
Employment Type: Part-time
Job Functions: Administrative